AREAS OF PRACTICE
Marshall-Wythe School of Law, J.D., 1978
College of William & Mary, B.A., 1975
- Serves as a member of the City of Norfolk’s Grievance Board.
- Serves as an Administrative Hearing Officer for the Supreme Court of Virginia.
- Participates in numerous dispute arbitrations and has served as an arbitrator and mediator
- Frequent speaker on employment issues before local and regional audiences.
- Adjunct Faculty University of Virginia, Continuing Education Programs
- Serves on Civil Service Commission for Norfolk
- Serves as Board Member for the Muse Writers Center
- Serves as Board Member for Fest Events
- “Severing the Employment Relationship,” 16th Annual Employment Law Update, sponsored by Virginia CLE
- “Conducting Depositions” for Virginia CLE; panel member for the 12th Annual Employment Law Update, sponsored by Virginia CLE
- “Drafting Employment Contracts,” for the 13th Annual Employment Law Update, sponsored by Virginia CLE
- “Chronicles of the Workplace: The Outburst, The Firing, and The Litigation,” sponsored by Virginia CLE
HONORS AND AWARDS
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rating by LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell
- Included in Best Lawyers in America® in Employment Law – Individuals, Employment Law – Management and Labor Law – Management, 2008-2013
- Listed in Virginia’s “Legal Elite” (Alternative Dispute Resolution), Virginia Business Magazine, 2007
- Selected to Virginia’s “Super Lawyers”, 2006-2012, “Top 50 Women Virginia Super Lawyers”, 2012
- Listed in Virginia’s “Legal Elite” (Employment Law), Virginia Business Magazine, 2001-2006, 2012
- Recognized as Best Lawyer in America for 2017
- Recognized as a Virginia Super Lawyer for 2017
- U.S. News and World Report ranked the four-year-old Law Firm “Best Law Firm” for 2018 (grown to 4 lawyers in 4 years!)
- Virginia State Bar
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District court, Northern District of Texas
- 16th Judicial District Court, Denton County, Texas
- Boyle Circuit Court, State of Kentucky
- Fayette Circuit Court, State of Kentucky
- Virginia Bar Association (Civil Litigation Section, Former Chair, Labor & Employment Section Executive Council Member, Judicial Selection Committee)
- Virginia State Bar (Judicial Selection Committee, Judicial Nominations Committee)
- Norfolk & Portsmouth Bar Association
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Maritime Law Association of the U.S. (Proctor)
What Clients Say About Ann
We would recommend [Ann] in the highest possible terms for any company needing her services for an employment law case.Our company retained the services of The Sullivan Law Group on a very serious and complicated employment defense case. We were immediately surprised and pleased by the close attention and responsiveness that we received from Ann Sullivan, a Senior Partner with the firm. It had always been our experience that someone of her stature would be more aloof and difficult to reach, however, that could not have been further from the truth. She quickly developed a comprehensive strategy for our case and insisted on getting us the best possible result. My confidence in our choice was sealed when I attended a deposition with Ann and was taken aback by a level of preparedness that I had never seen before in any other attorney. Every question, every topic raised, Ann had prepared for and by the end of the deposition, the Plaintiff agreed with us that he did not have a case. Not only did Ann provide us with the best possible result for our case, but we consider her not just our attorney, but our friend. We would recommend her in the highest possible terms for any company needing her services for an employment law case.M.P.
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED the Sullivan Law Group.
"Mrs. Sullivan and her team did a thorough review of my case before determining that they would represent me.After their initial consultation, they brought me in for a detailed discussion about our options. Ann and her team gave me the feeling that my case was the most important to them, and every aspect was handled with the highest regard for detail. I was updated by Ann personally throughout, and my case was brought to a speedy and successful resolution. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED the Sullivan Law group."– Former Client