Ms. Spurgeon began her legal practice in 1999 at the Virginia Beach law firm of Huff, Poole & Mahoney, PC. Her career has focused on the practice of employment law and civil litigation, as well as Human Resource management and consulting.
Ms. Spurgeon is a Norfolk native and lives in West Ghent with her husband and two girls. She is a founder and executive board member of MotherBoard757, and in her free time enjoys yoga, hiking and live music.
- Provides day-to-day counseling and advice to clients about the various laws affecting the employment relationship, including Title VII, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA), the Fair Labor Standards Act, and other state and federal statutes.
- Assists governmental and private employers in managing and limiting risks through the use of employment policies and procedures and drafts Employee Handbooks for employers, both private and governmental localities.
- Routinely counsels employers regarding workplace issues including with respect to employee complaints and disciplinary actions to ensure compliance with policies and procedures, as well as state and federal law.
- Virginia State Bar
- Supreme Court of Virginia
- Eastern District of Virginia
- Fourth Circuit of Virginia
- Virginia Bar Association